Top 11 Online GST Courses in India in 2022
The Indian government implemented the world’s most stringent tax regime, GST, a few years ago. India had an indirect tax system before the implementation of GST. Many people claimed that the entire tax system has become simpler after the introduction of GST.
However, the complicated and hierarchical structure of goods and service taxation makes it difficult to comprehend. Consequently, people have a hard time understanding how GST works in India. The importance of GST practitioners in the sector has grown as a result of this.
We’ll assist you with this by introducing you to India’s top 11 online GST courses. However, before dwelling on the courses, let’s see some details associated with GST.
People Also Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in India
What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax. In India, consumedrs have to pay taxes on goods and services such as clothing, food, electronics, daily necessities, transportation, and travel, etc. GST is an indirect tax, which means that the government does not collect it directly from the consumer, but rather from the seller or manufacturer. The government of India started the GST at midnight in July 2017.
Introduction of GST in India
In July 2017, the current Modi-led Indian government implemented the Goods and Services Tax. However, the current administration is not the first to attempt to implement GST. Many governments before this, including the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, attempted but failed to implement GST.
Know When GST came to India here.
The failure to implement GST was due to opposition from other parties. As implementation of GST requires a constitutional amendment, which requires a two-thirds majority vote in Parliament and the approval of more than half of the states, these aspects of the constitution made the implementation difficult in the past. This article will help you to understand GST better.
What Are The Different Types of GST?
The GST collected by the government in any transaction is split into two equal parts:
Central GST (CGST) and State GST (SGST). Currently, there are four different types of GST.
- Central GST (CGST): After the division of GST, the part that goes to the central government is CGST.
- State GST (SGST): After the division of GST, the part that goes to the state government is CGST.
- Union Territory GST (UGST): The share of GST received by a union territory is known as UGST.
- Integrated GST (IGST): IGST is levied when a transaction occurs between two UTs/states or between a state/UT and a foreign jurisdiction.
Now comes the question of where GST certification fits into all of this.
Who is a GST Practitioner?
GST practitioners assist clients with tax-related concerns. They are tax consultants certified by a state or central government and are well-versed in all aspects of the tax system.
Dig in at Top-class Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Mumbai
Online GST Practitioner Course by IIM Skills
IIM Skills is one of India’s top educational institutions in India. It is a Delhi-based institute founded by Vaibhav Kakkar, one of India’s best content writers. They’ve educated over 15000 students from over 35 countries and the courses are based on industry’s requirements, ensuring that students are industry-ready.
Among the top online GST courses, the course by IIM Skills has the best course materials and modules. Furthermore, the IIM Skills teaching technique is so well-structured that any newcomer to GST can comprehend it.
- Fees: Rs 2900 + 18% GST
- Duration: 4 weeks of live online classes.
- Practical Assignments for lucid understanding.
- Freelance opportunities.
- Free invoicing tools.
- Free ebooks.
- Lifetime access to the recorded classes.
- 24 x 7 online support.
- The learners will be given GST certifications after completion of the course.
- The introduction and concept of GST.
- The framework of GST.
- Process of GST registration.
- How to do Invoicing in GST.
- GST Return Filing.
- Composition Scheme.
- RCM (Reverse Charge Scheme).
- E- way Bill.
- Input Tax Credit
- All the GST aspects are included, which will make you job-ready.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the GST by the end of the course.
- Doubt clearing at the end of every live online class.
- Effective teaching method, using layman terms for better understanding.
Self-Learning Online GST Course by TaxGuru Edu
COVID has ushered in a new era, requiring many people to work from home. The COVID restriction has also put the offline learning options of students to a halt. As a result, online classes are becoming more prevalent in students’ lives. TaxGuru Edu’s online GST course is ideal for students who prefer the offline teaching technique because it is based on the characteristics of offline classes.
The course is a recorded version of TaxGuru Edu’s professional development course that will give students offline class experience. All of the online GST courses available in India have benefits that set them apart. The benefits of the TaxGuru Edu course, on the other hand, are worth considering.
For all of you who are finance enthusiasts, check out online financial modeling courses conducted in India.
- Duration: 3 months.
- Fees: Rs. 8,000 + GST @ 18%.
- Course material in e-form.
- Free access to doubt resolution.
- Online test for clarity about the subject.
- Certification after the successful clearance of the exam.
- Basic terms related to GST, constitutional theories and terms, types of taxes in GST, GST applications.
- Introduction and the notion of Central Sales Tax, valuation, cess, Marginal Scheme.
- Option under zero-rated supply.
- Input tax credit.
- GST returns filing procedure.
- You will become a taxation expert by the end of the course.
- Course notes and material in e-from.
Also navigate the Finest Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Delhi
Online GST Courses by ICSI
ICSI, a statutory body under the Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management, offers a detailed certificate course in GST. Because this course is derived indirectly from the government, it has a high level of credibility and the contents are excellent.
- Fees: Rs 7500 plus taxes.
- Duration: The course is 60 hours, divided into 5 weeks, an online training program that will take place every Saturday and Sunday.
The course is divided into five sessions:
- First session: An overview of CGST and IGST act.
- Second session: Overview of IGST act
- Third session: Tax invoice, credit/debit notes, and payments.
- Fourth session: Assessment and audit.
- Fifth session: Online exam.
Candidates who complete the course will receive a certificate from ICSI and BSE Institute Limited.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Egypt
Online GST Courses by Udemy
In the field of education, Udemy is a well-known name. Udemy offers a wide range of online courses, including those on taxation. Udemy’s Advanced GST Training and Certification Course covers everything, from the fundamentals to advanced, a student may need to know about GST. It is regarded as one of the top online GST courses available.
- Fees: Rs 4800 including GST.
- Duration: 42 hours on-demand-video.
- Full lifetime access.
- Get a certificate, which will make you industry-ready.
- Basics of GST.
- Input Tax Credit.
- Composition Scheme.
- GST Registration.
- Return Filing.
Online GST Courses by CAclubindia
CAclubindia.com was founded in 1999 by Interactive Media Pvt Ltd. CAclubindia.com is a well-known website among CAs and serves as a knowledge-sharing platform. However, a few years ago, the basic purpose of information sharing was transformed into several objectives. Many elements, such as finance-related discussions and events, and financial worldwide updates, were added to the website as it increased in popularity.
The website now provides many finance-related courses, including the advanced GST training and certification course. The course is taught by Bimal Jain, a well-known Indian accountant. Among the top online GST courses, this is the only GST certification taught by a well-known CA.
- Fees: Rs 6599, including Tax and Registration.
- Duration: 61 hours of Video Classes and an E-book on GST.
- E-certificate for your CV.
- Case studies and a thorough examination of GST provisions.
- A thorough examination of amendments and case studies.
- Preparation and filing and other aspects of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C.
- Case study learnings from a variety of HC and SC case studies.
Online GST Course by ICAI
The Institute of Chartered Accountants is an accounting body in India and was set up under the Chartered Accountants Act. This course is organized by the GST and Indirect Taxes Committee. The framework of the course, according to the institute, gives specialized and up-to-date GST knowledge, allowing students’ minds to deal with real-world challenges. The GST course by ICAI is the costliest among the top online GST courses.
- Fees: Rs. 14600/- (plus taxes) in the region Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur.
- Rs. 12600 (plus taxes) for other cities.
- Duration: 10 days; The institute offers classes on weekends and weekdays in two batches.
- Students will also receive a certificate of GST practitioner.
- Concept and definition of GST
- Place of Supply
- Time of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Customs duty
- Advance Ruling
- Ethical Practice
- Exemption List of Goods and Services
- Compensation Cess to States Act
Online GST Course by ClearTax
ClearTax is one of the leading firms in India that provides financial services. They provide services such as ITR filing and GST filing and are experts in everything related to GST. The course provided by ClearTax is the cheapest course among the top online GST courses.
- Fees: Rs 3600 (plus taxes.)
- Duration: 8+ hours in-detail training from the industry’s well-known educators.
- After completion of the full course, a certificate will be given.
- This course is also accessible on Udemy.
- GST basics and Registration.
- Reverse Charge Mechanism.
- Time of supply.
- Place of supply.
- GST Payments and Refunds.
- Input Tax Credit.
- Comparison of old and New GST filing processes.
- Complete analysis of RET forms.
“GST in 90 Minutes” by ICT Academy
Many educational websites and academic institutions now provide capsule courses to assist students with a concise understanding of topics. The capsule courses are appropriate for those who already have some previous knowledge of that particular course. ICT Academy is one of the institutes that offer GST-related capsule courses. This is the only capsule course among the top online GST courses.
- “GST in 90 Minutes” is a well-structured and concise GST course that aims to provide industry-standard GST knowledge.
- The course has incorporated the perspective of leaders of the industry, top CA’s, and corporate executives.
- The course covers GST basics and key components of the new GST law.
- CXOs, CAs, GST practitioners, business people, legal consultants, CA aspirants, and even commerce students can benefit from this course.
Online GST Course by ICMAI
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India is an accountancy body of the Indian Government. The body comes under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The ICMAI provides two types of courses, with certification, in GST. The courses are of two levels: basic and advanced. ICMAI is the only institute that provides two levels of GST courses among the top online GST courses.
The Basic Course:
- Fees: Rs 10,000/- + 18% GST, with a 20% discount for members and CMA final students.
- 72-hour duration in both online and offline modes.
- Executives from Industries and Tax practitioners.
- Qualified Cost and Management Accountants (Members.)
- CA, CS, MBA, lawyers, M.Com.
- Qualified or Pursuing CMA students.
The learners also have to give an online exam after the completion of the course. The exam fees would be Rs 1000 + 18% GST. The certificate will be issued after clearing the exam with a minimum of 50% marks.
The Advanced Course
- Fees: Rs 14000 + 18% GST (excluding exam fees) and, with a 20% discount for members and CMA final students, Rs 11,200 plus 18% GST.
- Duration: 40 hours of an online class.
- Eligibility: Same as the basic course.
Online GST Course by EduPristine
EduPristine was established in 2008 to provide financial education. It was founded by four industry experts from top MNCs such as Goldman Sachs, Accenture, Standard & Poor’s, and Standard Chartered. EduPristine currently offers training in five areas: accounting, finance, analytics, marketing, and healthcare.
The GST course provided by EduPristine is mainly focused on the applicability of GST and is one of the top online GST courses. In addition to concepts and theories, the course provides an in-depth understanding of GST’s aspects.
- Duration: 32 hours of classroom training, conducted on weekdays and weekends.
- Industry followed curriculum will make you job-ready as soon as you complete the course.
- The GST e-book comes free with the course.
- 24 x 7 Online support and access to the course material such as recordings, presentations, utilities, practice files, etc.
- Basic aspects of tax.
- Taxation System.
- Introduction of Tax Structure.
- Place of Supply.
- Applicability of GST.
- Tax invoice.
- GST Returns.
- Payment of Tax.
- Accounting for GST.
Online GST Course by GST Centre
GST Centre is an institute certified by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. Since 2015, GST Centre has been providing training and certification to a plethora of students. They constantly update and deliver excellent courses to the students, helping them to reach their goals.
Fees: Rs 6500.
- The course also covers the preparation and guidance to appear in the NACIN exam, which is a mandatory exam to practice GST in India.
- Registration under GST.
- Computation and tax liability.
- Accounts and records.
- File supervision.
- Return filing.
- E-way bill.
- Free community membership: The institute also provides free access to its community members. The community will help the students to get the latest updates and news related to GST, allowing the students to compete well among their competitors.
- Expert support: Preference in the workshops conducted by GST Centre.
Online GST Course by Vskills
Vskills is India’s one of the largest certification platforms. It provides 200+ certifications in different sectors. Vskills certifications are industry-recognized and provide outstanding skill sets and knowledge.
Vskills also conduct tests at the end of the course that helps you to stand apart from the crowd in any interview process because of the credibility of the test in the market.
- Fees: Rs 3499 plus GST.
- Duration: Self-paced
- Certificate by Government.
- Industry-relevant skills advancement.
- Lifelong access to the course.
- Sample question.
- Practice tests.
- E-learning access to LMS.
- GST basics and taxation
- GST accounting
- GST Registration
- GST terms
- GST e-way bills
- GST credit Note
- GST invoice types
- GST rate
- GST Input Tax Credit
- GST invoicing
- GST legal provision
- GST returns
CVs of Vskills certified students will be highlighted in the Monster India web portal.
- CVs of Vskills certified students will also be given preference in the Shine.com portal.
- Candidates’ profiles will be shared with the relevant organization for recruitment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the full form of GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax.
Which institute is best for the GST course?
IIM Skills offers the best GST training online. It is currently India’s leading institute for top-notch GST and financial accounting training, assisting students and professionals in acquiring the skills required to become GST professionals.
What is the salary of a GST practitioner?
The salary of the GST practitioner depends on various factors such as your skillset, experience, and the organization you work for. The salary also depends on how you approach the industry after getting the required skills. The salary, however, ranges from 4-7 lakhs in India.
In India, there are numerous GST practice classes accessible. Any course can be chosen depending on one’s needs. However, of all of the available courses, the IIM Skills course is the finest because it is a detailed course that provides all of the necessary information to excel as a GST practitioner. Every piece of material is incorporated per industry standards, ensuring that students have no problems when they enter the workforce.