Top 8 GST Certification Courses in Thane in 2022
In Indian Taxation history, GST(Goods and Services Tax) is one of the major reforms to lead the growth of India’s GDP. GST certification courses in Thane prepare candidates to become efficient in Accounting and Taxation through theoretical knowledge. This course is also a stepping stone for graduates, tax professionals like Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, and any eligible candidates. GST-certified professionals have lucrative career options in the leading accounting Tax and Finance industry that have increasing job opportunities. This article gives you detailed information about the best GST certification courses in Thane, who should take the GST course, and what are the key points that you should keep in mind while selecting the GST course.
What is Tax and its Types?
Taxes are financial charges imposed by the governments on an organization or on an individual to generate income, providing the best infrastructure and facilities for the public works to boost the economy of the country. The one who refuses or fails to pay taxes faces serious charges under the law. Direct and Indirect are the two types of tax in India.
Direct Tax includes:
- Income Tax
- Gift tax
- Capital Gain Tax
Indirect Tax includes:
- Value-added tax
- Service Tax
- Goods and Services Tax
- Custom Duty
Before looking into the best GST certification courses in Thane, let’s first understand what is GST and how it works.
What is GST?
GST is Goods and Services Tax. Before the introduction of GST in India, we had many indirect taxes like service tax, customs tax VAT, excise duty, etc. To simplify things, these indirect taxes have been replaced by one indirect tax called GST. Parliament of India passed The Goods and Services Tax Act on 29th March 2017, and it came into effect on 1st July 2017.
Components of GST
There are three components of GST – CGST(Central GST), IGST(Integrated GST), and SGST(State GST). IGST is applicable if the sale of goods and services is between 2 states, and CGST and SGST are applicable if the sale is within the state. UTGST(Union Territory GST) is imposed by the Union Territory Government and is applicable to the supply of goods and services levied along with CGST on the Intra – Union Territory.
List Of Taxes in the pre-GST rule
- Duties of Excise
- Central Excise Duty
- Additional Duties Of Excise
- Additional Duties Of Customs
- State VAT
- Central Sales Tax
- Purchase Tax
- Luxury Tax
- Entertainment Tax
- Taxes on Lotteries, betting, and gambling
All the above taxes have been replaced by CGST, IGST, and SGST.
New Rules Under GST
Several new systems have been introduced with GST, apart from the online filling of the GST returns.
1. E-Way Bills: In this e-way bill system bills can be generated by transporters, traders, and manufacturers on a common portal with ease when goods are transported from their origin to destination. This system has helped tax authorities as it reduces tax evasion and made a revolution of check posts.
2. E-invoicing: This e-invoicing system is for businesses whose annual turnover is more than Rs.100crore. For every business-to-business invoice, these firms should obtain a unique invoice reference number which they obtain on the GST’s invoice registration portal, which is further verified and authorized using QR code along with the digital signature.
Benefits and Drawbacks of GST
Benefits of GST – GST offers a healthy boost to the economy by making Indian products and services competitive internationally. Its objectives are Uniformity in Taxation, helping government revenue find buoyancy, cascading of taxes, simpler and lesser number of compliance, common portals, the lowered tax burden on industry and trade, and regulation on unorganized industries.
Drawbacks of GST – To run businesses smoothly, these drawbacks have to be overcome by businesses. Some drawbacks of GST have increased costs due to software purchase, not being GST-compliant can attract penalties, GST means an increase in operational costs, adapting to complete online taxation system, SMEs will have higher tax burden.
GST certification courses are important as GST Council(GSTC) keeps changing:
- Tax rates
- Returns format
- GST-refund application forms
The Government has taken initiative to overcome this problem and generate awareness about GST, started national training programs which run in collaboration with the Government of India. This eventually raise the requirement of Certification Courses for GST Practitioners.
Recommended Read: Online GST Courses
1. Taxation Manager
The responsibility of the taxation manager is to ensure to minimize their organization’s audit risk. The tax manager needs to have good representation skills in case of notices from the department and this makes a great career opportunity in GST.
Required Skills :
- Should know how GST portal works
- Required Compliance under GST
- Good drafting skills
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
2. Taxation Research Analyst
The role of a tax analyst is to review, prepare and file tax forms and returns. A taxation Analyst is hired by large organizations to check incorrect signing on the contract, which may turn a profitable dealing into a loss-making deal to the company.
Complete understanding and practical knowledge of all GST provisions
3. Reconciliation Specialist
Reconciliation specialist ensures reconciling payments reflect the correct transactions in the accounting system. Companies need reconciliation specialists to reconcile the input tax credit, purchase, and sale and avoid wrong information into GST return which may result in disaster.
GST compliance, GSTN portal
4. GST Practitioner
GST Practitioner operates key activities like filling the amendment application, filling the registration application, and furnishing the information on behalf of the taxpayer and is a government authorized tax professional. A GST certified has chances of getting high income as every business is turning into a new tax regime.
Must pass GSTP examination
Other Career Opportunities Include:
● Chartered Accountants – The role of CA in GST not only advises clients about GST law but also educates them. For the GST consultation and other services like return filing, accounting, and registration, more and more businesses will be approaching the CA community.
● Certified Management Accountants – CMA’s are well knowledgeable with HSN code, unit of measurement both for outward and inward supply, and Quantity which is the source for GST returns and CMA’s also provide effective GST Law Compliance to train and educate stakeholders.
● Law Aspirants – GST lawyer explains the legalities around GST and how it will be applicable for your business.
● Company Secretaries – CS acts as an authorized representative when registering under the Goods and Services Act, also issues report for GST on the refund process.
● Financial and Taxation professionals – There is high demand for professionals with financial and taxation knowledge and skills with GST subject as GST rates and their complexities became part of our policy.
Top 8 GST Certification Courses in Thane
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills offers a world-class learning experience and has trained, 14300+ professionals across 30+ Countries. With IIM Skills, you master the real-time implementation skills taught by industry experts during the course. You will be rewarded with an International acceptable certification at the end of the course. Also, you will get interview assistance to get good projects.
GST certification courses in Thane at IIM Skills are recognized by MSME, Government Of India.
The course covers the basics and fundamentals of GST and provides 100% practical training of GST, free lifetime access to all new updates at no extra charge, 24/7 online support with their dedicated GST practitioner community, and the art of managing 100’s clients with various GST invoicing Tools and software.
GST Certification Course Content
- The Genesis and Concept of GST and its Impact On Businesses
- The Framework and Structure of GST
- Registration Under GST: Criteria and Process Explained
- Invoicing in GST
- GST Returns Filling
- Composition Scheme under GST
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- E-Way Billing under GST
- Input Tax Credit
- payment in GST
- Pre-recorded online sessions
- Practical Assignments
- Weekly Assessments
- Discussion forums
- Freelance opportunities
- Dedicated placements cell
- Free E-Books
- Certification upon completion of the course
- Complete understanding of Goods and Services, compliance, enforcement, and implementation
- Overall understanding of GST framework
- Practical knowledge of GST registration, TDS compliance, filling of refunds or returns
- Get job-ready with a complete understanding of all GST processes
- 1-month course
- 16 Hours self-study Lectures
Course fee: Rs.2,900 /-Inclusive GST
Who Can Enrol
- Students and Fresh Graduates
- Professional of the Accounting and Finance Domain
- Business People
2. IBA Training
IBA Training offers the best GST certification courses in Thane, as per the new Finance Act 2021, it covers Rules, Sections, Acts, and all practical aspects. This GST course not only offers after-course support but also helps in keeping you updated and enhancing your practical skills.
- GST concept understanding
- GST workings
- GST E Payments and Returns online and offline
- TDS under GST
- How to resolve GST notices
- GST scrutiny
This GST course has both Online and Classroom Training and has its own benefits
- Practical Training
- Flexible Batches
- Practice Session Labs
- Support From Student Care Department
- Placement Assistance
3. Gurukul Mantra
Gurukul Mantra is a professional training and certification institute that offers online, live, and interactive programs for professionals and students of all ages to grow in their careers. Their GST certification courses in Thane offer a complete package of theoretical concepts of GST and also complete practical training on GST software.
- GST introduction and overview
- GST accounting concept
- GST registration process
- Value of supply
- RCM and composition scheme under GST
- GSTR1, 2A, and 3A preparation and fillings
- The annual return of GSTR 9 and GSTR 9A
- GST reconciliation and case studies
- Theory and Practical based learning
- A focused batch of up to 10 professionals
- Live and interactive teaching methods
- Use of software for hands-on training
- Individual attention and doubt sessions
- Certification from Himalayiya University
- 1 month(30 days) includes practice sessions
- 3 days a week
Course fee: Rs.6,480/-
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Bhopal
Laqshya Institute of skills training is recognized by various Government and Global Institutions for delivering quality training content. This institute offers practical ways to understand GST concepts and implementation by professional trainers. Laqshya’s GST certification courses in Thane provide students with basic knowledge of the practical implementation of GST on any business.
- Basic of GST
- Some key topics like-Levy, Reverse charge mechanism, Calculation, and computation, Tax Invoice
- Returns under GST
- GST in Tally. ERP 9
- Experienced Faculties
- Limited Batch size
- Assignments on Live Projects
- Free Study Materials
- Interview Skills Training
- Free software
- Online Tests and Certifications
- 100% job Guarantee
Course fee: Check the Laqshya website where you can download the brochure for more details
This “Basics of GST in India, A Comprehensive Study” by Udemy helps students gain insight into GST’s practical as well as theoretical angle. This course is based on CA Intermediate syllabus.
The learning style of this course is self-paced, and you will learn the Background of GST, What are the Direct and Indirect Taxes, the Framework of GST introduced in India, Benefits of GST, What is a supply under GST, Charge of GST, Exemptions from GST, Time and Value of supply, Input Tax credit, Registration under GST, tax invoices, and Returns.
12 hours on-demand video, 1 article, 4 downloadable resources, full lifetime access, certificate of completion
- Understanding of the subject
- CA Intermediate Students
- CMA Inter Students
- Students and Fresh Graduates: Degree in accounting, banking, business administration
- Business professionals
- Professional from financial fields, like even legal professionals in taxation.
- Individuals looking to start up a consultancy to help clients file their GST
- Sales tax officers
- Have problem-solving skills and logical thinking
- Basic knowledge of Accounting
VSkills’s GST online training course offers a clear practical understanding of Taxes. This course helps in developing skills in finance, accounting, and taxation and makes you GST ready.
- Taxation and GST Basics
- GST Administration
- GST Registration
- GST Payment
- GST Accounting or record keeping
- GST and Law
- GST in Other countries
- Online e-learning Access
- Study material
- Learning Hours: 28hrs
- Take the exam online anywhere and anytime
- Government Certification
- Certification valid for life
- Accounting professionals
- Tax Consultants
Course Fee: Rs.3,499/-
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Noida
Consultease offers clarity on basic concepts on GST in their GST certification courses in Thane in Hindi and covers filing and basic compliance and helps you in setting up your profession with required skills in GST assignments.
- Basic concepts and constitutional background
- Levy, Exemptions, and supply
- Returns under GST
- Place of supply
- 12 hours of video content
- Entire course in Hindi
- No limitations in views
- Certification of completion
- No exam
- GST Practitioner who passed the exam and want some practical knowledge
- Existing professional already working in GST
- Students looking to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge
Course Fee: Rs.1,500/-
8. Henry Harvin Education
India Today, Prime Insights ranks Henry Harvin’s GST Practitioner course as number one in India. This course offers 100% Practical GST Practitioner Course Training, trained 14,265+ GST professionals to date, delivered by award-winning GST Speakers. These GST certification courses in Thane give insight on the latest trending topics like GSTR 1, GSTR 2A, GSTR 3B, e-invoicing new provisions, and also give 360-degree insight on GST regulations.
- Place of Supply, Value of Supply, Supply or Levy, E-Way Bills, Export and Import
- Input Tax Credit and ITC04, Transitional Provisions, Job work, Registrations
- Accounts and Records
- Litigation Management, Audit, and Assessments, offenses and penalties, Demand and Recovery
- Soft Skill Development
- Resume Writing
- E-learning access
- Boot camp
- Membership for 1 year
- Complete knowledge on updated amendments and challenges.
- Focused FAQ session to understand practical issues faced with GST
- Real-life cases and experiences to work on
- Industry recognized GST certificate featured by Hindustan Times, Aajtak, Pioneer, Business World, India Today, and Mail Today.
- 1-month course(32 hours)
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions
- Recording of all batches for lifetime
Course fee: Rs.12,500/-
1. What are the prerequisites for GST certification courses in Thane?
It is easier to follow any taxation and accounting course if you have basic knowledge of the indirect tax system in India. You also need to be good at communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, and problem-solving skills.
2. Who is eligible to take GST courses?
Professionals who want to increase career opportunities in the field of finance and taxation like company secretaries, CA’s, and graduates can take up the GST certification courses in Thane.
3. Is the GST Practitioner exam hard?
The candidate appearing for the GST practitioner exam must first enroll in the GST portal in Form PCT-01 and then get the enrolment number in Form PCT-02 and get certified by appearing for the GSTP exam. It is not a hard task to register for becoming GST Practitioner, but you should have complete knowledge of the required eligibility. You need to score at least 50% of the total marks, and there is no limit on the number of attempts to pass within 2 years of enrolment.
4. What is NACIN?
NACIN is the National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes, and Narcotics and is the leading training institute of the Government of India. The GST Practitioner exam is conducted by NACIN.
GST certification courses in Thane enhance skills in financing and taxation by providing practical knowledge of the course in a detailed manner, where you can improve your problem-solving and analytical abilities. Check one of the courses mentioned in the above list and start your new career as a GST Practitioner.